Graduating in 2016?
A Technology internship at J.P. Morgan will place you at the core of the organisation, in a culture that encourages you to think "outside the box" to achieve great results for our clients. The variety of roles offered to interns is vast, with numerous opportunities to gain technology experience across all business areas, allowing you to see if a career in technology is for you.
Whatever your background, whatever your role, you will develop skills on some of the most cutting-edge systems and products in the marketplace. You'll enjoy unique experiences as you tackle and deliver on challenges across our business.
Internships are offered in our Bournemouth, Glasgow and London offices. The following opportunities are available:
- Summer internship — 10-week long programme between June and September aimed at penultimate year undergraduate students, including students in their final year expecting to take a masters.
For more information about the roles offered in Technology, read our employee profiles.
What to expect
During a Technology internship at J.P. Morgan, you'll be doing a real job in a genuinely demanding environment. You'll quickly learn that our technological processes and solutions are driven by business necessity, so that we can deliver excellent levels of client service.
And it's not all just work. An energetic social events calendar will enable you to network with your peers and develop life-long friendships. A Senior Speaker series over the summer will help you learn all about J.P. Morgan Technology and build vital skills for the future.
Our Technology internships offer unrivalled opportunities to develop a long-term career in one of the world's major financial institutions. In return for your commitment throughout a relatively intense period of time, we offer a challenging internship, with the chance to join our graduate programme after your studies. Of course, you may decide that banking is not for you, and an internship will allow you to discover this. Either way, you will develop key transferrable skills that are relevant for any business.
Who should apply?
Our interns are the future leaders of the Technology business. We're seeking people who are genuinely excited by the interaction of business and technology in a global environment, who have the capacity to learn fast, the flexibility to deal with diverse and changing circumstances, the natural curiosity and tenacity to see projects through to completion, and the personal skills to add value to high-calibre teams.
- You must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or European equivalent (results to date should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication).
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite.
- We're looking for team players and future leaders with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
How to apply
- Applications now closed for opportunities in London.
- Apply here by January 25, 2015 for opportunities in Bournemouth and Glasgow.
You have a choice of locations (London, Bournemouth, Glasgow). Whichever location you choose, our training programme is tailored to develop you and prepare you to add value to our business from the beginning.